Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Closer and Closer

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Closer and Closer

I've been assigned something fairly unique this year at work. Along with my usual editing, marketing and fundraising assignments, I've been asked to write a book--a book about the women's teachings. It's been a great challenge; and it's allowed me to see myself in an entirely new way. Don't get me wrong, I've always considered myself a writer, that is, poet, songwriter, short essay and opinion. But to string together arguments and themes across multiple chapters and more than 40,000 words is entirely new territory.

I still wish I had the capacity for fiction,which I find to be the most sublime and moving art in the world. Plot, character development, denoument, all those elements that really bring story together--that I would still need to learn. But this nonfiction summary of the Teachings of Yogi Bhajan for women, along with my own personal experience with them, has been a great exercise and challnged me in ways I never imagined.

I'm very close to completing the final first draft. Along with this new book project, I'll also be the primary contributor to a new blog to support the I AM A WOMAN project I edited this past year, which should launch in December. I'm also completing my new sadana album, Beautiful Day, very soon; and hope to have the new CD available for Winter Solstice. To be so close to completing two projects and beginning another is exciting. For someone who considers herself a bit of a couch potato, I've got a lot going on!

Wish me luck! And keep a look out for my CD, Beautiful Day, exclusively available from KRI (www.kriteachings.org) and word of my book should be available in the spring. Also look for the launch of the new blog as well. I'll provide a link here when it's up and running.

May you find yourself approaching a long-awaited goal
May you challenge yourself in new ways
and may the fruits of your labor
bring you excitement--and joy
and may we all experience
the infinite nature of our creativity
and capacity.
May you be happy
May we all know a happiness
that only comes from a job well done....

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sat Nam, Sat Purkh,

Sounds like a wonderful project. Blessings on your completion of it! I recently purchased I AM A WOMAN and am REALLY enjoying it!

Blessings,
Adarsh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home