Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Good Food / Bad Food

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Good Food / Bad Food

I've been swinging back and forth between these two polarities for a while now. I began by being inspired to "lose weight for the wedding"--sigh--which quickly turned into "I'm so stressed about the wedding" and the comfort foods flooded in while the discipline went out the window. Now I'm swinging between the two poles because at lunch I'm eating really healthy food with my Eat to Live partner and at night I go home and eat my stress foods: namely pizza, pasta, tapioca and ice cream.

That said, here's a great new soup I came up with this week--for lunch--so you know it's healthy! I'm calling it Moroccan Stew. What you'll need:

1 large can of roasted tomatoes (include the juices)
1 regular can of garbanzo beans (drained)
5 sticks of celery
5 zucchini
5 cloves of garlic
1 cup of quinoa (preferably red)
1 bunch of white chard or other greens
pinch of black pepper, cayenne, and cinnamon and the juice of 1-2 lemons

Coarsely chop the vegetables (reserve the chard until the end) and throw everything into a pot, cover with plenty of water (but not too much) and heat until boiling. Cover the pot and turn down the heat; let it simmer for an hour--add the chard, allowing it to steam, add the lemon juice and then serve.

Delicious!

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Satnam dear unknown and so known Sat Purkh!
You are married now (i counted yes)so i really want to congratulate you and your husband. Let there be endless love and blessings!
i know your path was not easy (reading your blog), but i also know how blessed you are. You are there where you always wanted to be...it happened. Thank you Waheguru to make you so happy! So can i give you a long distance hug and wish you all the best in life!!! XXX louke aka manpreet kaur

 

Post a Comment

<< Home