Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Learn to Merge

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Learn to Merge

I drive in to Santa Fe every Saturday morning to go to a couple of meetings and run my errands. This past Saturday was no exception, although the errands were a bit different than the norm: buy wedding veil, drop off bags at Goodwill to create closet space for my husband, price bulk chocolate, show up for massage appointment (a gift!). On the way in I found myself yelling at the top of my lungs, LEARN TO MERGE!, at a driver in the far right lane, unsuccessfully merging onto the highway. Now--there are several kinds of crazy in this story already, so let me just admit to that up front. But the beauty of it is this: after talking about my experience in a meeting, a woman approached me and said, "But isn't that a beautiful affirmation for you right now? You are getting married aren't you?" And I had to laugh! It was so simple and so true. Everything in my life right now is about making room and learning to merge. And the fact that I had to scream it aloud in order to "get it", well, that's just the way it is right now. There are times when it feels overwhelming, like taking a drink of water from a fire hydrant; at other times it feels more like overflowing, an artesian well, pure and light and delightful and all I have to do is head downstream. At other times I just feel full, complete.

I don't have any answers to the questions of my life right now. And I can't even report from the field very well, alternately blind-sided and dumbfounded by my own response to the fact that I'm merging with another human being, very very soon--25 days if anyone is counting. But I can say this, with confidence, it's an inside job. Listen to what you're yelling to the universe and see if there's an "ah-ha" moment for you this week, too!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home